background

Friday, May 10, 2013

Busy Day!


This is our large map to mark the places we'll go... bonus points if you can guess what these are (a couple are national parks... but the others are what I'm talking about).  We are marking off all the places we want to see, then notating them by state, etc. on a different piece of paper.  Not even sure if we can FIT everything in to ONE YEAR!

Today, they finished up the detailing of the boat.  I am going to write a glowing review.  Though he was late (we're talking REALLY REALLY .... REALLY late erm... 8 hours), the job he did was fantabulous.  We are going to be able to get a few thousand more for the boat now!  SO exciting!  This means more toward our roving home.  Praising God he is lighting just the path in front of us and we are STEPPING.  Speaking of roving home, we've basically decided on a type and model (well... narrowed down).  I'm just gonna throw what we want out there and you never know.  We're praying for God to give us a good deal on this, and following Dave Ramsey's plan doesn't really allow for debt.  SO we are throwing out a big WISH LIST OH PLEASE, DADDY to God for the perfect fit for our family... one that we could stand for a year.  Basically what we want is a Raptor or Fuzion toy hauler by Keystone.  We want the electric queen beds in the back, the queen bunk, and the walk around master queen.  I've found some CLOSE to our price range, and just trying to keep the hubs satiated without all the bells and whistles of a pricier model.  In spite of a foreclosure, our credit is really good! I know, right?!?  Like - we could qualify for a home loan right now.  Which - when we DO finally settle will come in handy.  But, I do not feel any peace about going into debt over an RV.  Nope.


Sold my white board today.  Big deal, right?  No.  It is.  It's the homeschooler's whiteboard holy grail.  A 6'x4' whiteboard.  It has had schedules, scripture, affirmations, math, attributes of God, and so much more on it.  It blessed us greatly, and now it is time for it to bless someone else.  I was shocked how hard it was to say goodbye to this silly object!  I got a little choked up.  Well - that's after I quickly (like QUICKLY) scrubbed the Nair off of my legs when she showed up to look at the board!  LOL!  We loaded it up and waved goodbye.  


Told a dear friend (you know who you are) about our trip.  So nervous telling anyone.  I seriously know how  crazy it sounds.  Like.  Loony Toons crazy.  But I'm okay with that.  Sometimes it takes crazy outside the box change to shake us up.  If you are reading this, please pray for my dear friend's daddy, Bob.  He has been diagnosed with serious cancer.  He's been told there is no cure - but we KNOW who really is in charge, right?  Right.  Please join me in lifting this sweet, darling man and his wifey up in prayer just as often as you are able.

Found a dream destination tonight.  Do me a favor and open a new window.  Then, google image search these terms: rainforest canyon oneonta gorge oregon

Holy beautiful place we're going!  WOWZA!  Must go.  MUST MUST.  I would love to arrange baptism of our youngest daughter here with a Calvary Chapel pastor... how awesome would that be?  Totally rad.


Finally,  I leave you with this beautiful quote by Susan B. Anthony...

“Forget conventionalisms; forget what the world thinks of you stepping out of your place; think your best thoughts, speak your best words, work your best works, looking to your own conscience* for approval.”   (right here I would add *and to the Lord)




No comments:

Post a Comment