background

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

LIQUIDATION!

The selling... has begun!   I have about twelve big ticket items listed on craigslist right now.  Unfortunately the biggest ticket items are dependent upon my every busy hard working hubby.  I'm liquidating my big furniture that isn't bedroom stuff.  Honestly, those will eventually go too.  

Smart idea from a friend:  measure out the size of the storage you're going to get.  Instead of focusing on what you want to get rid of, focus on the stuff you want to KEEP.  Smart.

I am finding myself alarmingly unattached to things.  But... what have I done to my children?  Upon considering my Kincade paintings that would probably fetch several thousand dollars... my oldest daughter "S" (16) asked if we could please keep them.  I will keep them, because her point wasn't their value but the continuity.  If it takes paintings for her to feel some sort of continuity once we settle... it doesn't matter.

The things I want to keep are my grandmother's shoes from the 1940's, my grandpa's checkerboard... things that I cannot replace.  

Then... THEN there is the yard sale.  I am 41 and have never had a yard sale!  I tried one once and sold like... 3 things?!  Ugh!  Lol.  The great idea from fulltimefamilies was to call the Vietnam Veterans and schedule pickup of everything left over for the day after your yardsale.  Great idea!

So far we have sold 1 thing on craigslist...  our green cheek conure that bit my daughter multiple times.  Hard.  So I told the people he bites kids... and they still wanted him!  They seemed to actually like that fact?  Odd.  

On a side note, today we have to euthanize my middle daughter's "M" (14) 25 year old horsey.  Ugh.  Not going to be pleasant.  She's in pain and it has to be done... but oh man I kind of feel like an ogre!

Okay - off to list more life clutter.  

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment