background

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Idea ADD

This is just PHENOMENAL!  My heart has been to serve, serve, and serve again.  I have wanted my children to get out of thinking of their own comforts and understanding that there are PEOPLE out there that truly NEED Jesus' hands and feet.  Honestly, if I have to hear one more argument about insignificant and petty stuff I think I will puke.  Sorry.  I said it.

I think I am like most parents - I had so VERY little growing up, I have tended toward indulging.  Okay, I have to say if you met my kids you'd think them delightful.  Seriously - they really REALLY are.  They just just have a little "I" trouble.  Too close of thinking.  Their eyes don't see past their noses sometimes.  And... so do mine for that matter.  I really want our family to swim AGAINST this numbing American flow.  I think if we find our passion - we could be used INSANELY for God's glory!  

But - and this may offend (if so stop reading, lol) - I am kind of, sort of, DONE ministering to the needs of the cushy Christian.  Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost.  Also, He wasn't afraid to roll up His sleeves and hang out with the dregs... the least of these.  I'm done being an "UPPER DECK" Christian.  I will explain that tomorrow - a vision God gave me.  Truthfully, I have had so many sheep bites in the last few years since rededicating my life fully to Christ!  I think they hurt the most because you let your guard down.  Clearly, if I am called to minister in a capacity to serve other Christians again... I will.  But my heart is that the days are growing shorter, and if I truly trust then my heart needs to be GOSPEL and servant driven.  I tell you all this to lead to today's "Idea ADD."

I want my girls and I, whilst my hubby is serving his family by working his job, to serve others at least once a week.  Calling Volunteer America to tell them of our travel plans.  Working in soup kitchens, singing for the salvation army as bell ringers, calling a church for a family in need that wants maybe some extra hands on yard work or house cleaning (okay that part is seriously gonna need the Lord's help! haha!) - anything and ANY WHERE He calls us to serve.  No greater joy... no greater honor... no greater testimony... no greater teaching.  If you are reading this right now, and the Holy Spirit has testified to you that this is important - could you please just stop reading for a moment and pray for us?  I would love to have some prayer partners for this endeavor!  

I am so thankful for the trials God has put me through in my life to mold me to this place.  I consider it JOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment